How to set up your stall
As soon as you have logged in, you can start setting up your stall. Your stall is ready in 3 easy steps!
Step 1 : Adding and editing content
Get your company stall ready by scrolling through your stall and adding all the content, such as text and images, by clicking on the green buttons or pen icons! Be aware of the size and format recommendations under each section where you can add files and images.
- Invite your colleagues to the event team. Without adding them, they cannot access the event area! You can invite new team members in the ‘Team’ section of your stall. Simply start by typingin their names, and then you will be asked to add a few details. They will then receive an invitation email. See how to add team members to your stall here.
- Add a photo to your recruiter profile. If you add a picture to your profile, you are more likely to get more chats because candidates can see the people sitting on the other side.
- Post your jobs in time. Add relevant jobs and put them online well in advance. This will give you more job views and applications. Candidates are also more likely to visit your stall before the event if they see jobs attached. See how to post jobs here.
- Use the chat topics. Make full advantage of the four chat topics in order to improve participants' engagement and to help you organize incoming chats; for instance, by structuring who in your team should handle which topic. Learn more about the chat here.
- Structure your stall description. Make it easy for the participants to learn more about your company. Inserting FAQ questions in one of the text boxes can be a possibility.
Step 2 : Adding and editing your companies' info
- Click on the blue 'Company info'button on the top right.
- Add and edit the information about your company (e.g. size, country, industry).
Click on save.
What is the company info for ?
The participants can now use filters in the company tab to find you when visiting the event!
Step 3 : Setting your stall online
- Use the 'Preview stall' button to find out how the candidates will experience your stall. Make sure that everything looks as you want and make sure that all relevant jobs are included.
- Your stall will be visible to candidates when you have put your stall online. The earlier you set your stall online, the more candidates get exposed to your brand. Companies that set their stall online in time receive more applications and video booking requests!
As soon as the lobby will be set online by the organiser, your stall will then be visible by registrants.
Additional information for hybrid events:
In hybrid events, your stall is a great opportunity to present yourself to the event participants. You wonder why?
- The participants can visit the online venue of the event even before and after the event day. By setting up a digital stall you can profit from extra exposure to your brand.
- With an online stall, you give yourself and the participants the chance to prepare for the event. You can profit from more valuable conversations on the event day as candidates come to the event more prepared. Moreover, you and the participants can plan the event day. 1:1 conversations can be pre-scheduled via the online stall.
- You can use the stall to promote relevant job offers to the candidates of the event. Posted jobs get promoted via your stall and the job section of the event. Candidates can apply directly via the event platform!
Use the platform to connect with interesting candidates online, and follow up with them. Use your companies' QR-code to redirect candidates to your stall and to connect. How? See below.
Connect the online with the physical venue via QR codes
You will have access to an individual QR code that leads candidates at the physical venue to your online stall. You can access your QR code via the button at the top left of your stall settings tab.
Candidates visiting your stall in person will then be able to scan the code with their mobile device and access the online stall to see the jobs and connect with you virtually.
- I uploaded a video to my stall. Why does it not show when I click on ‘preview stall’?
Make sure that you are using a YouTube or Vimeo link and that the video is public. Also, the settings of the video on YouTube/Vimeo need to allow it to be embedded. So please double-check the privacy setting of the videos.
- Why can I not upload a cover image/welcome image/logo/picture to my stall?
Please make sure that the pictures fulfill the following criteria:
- Event banner : 1920 x 1080 px. Keep in mind that the image will be cropped and adapted depending on the device/screen size that you have. The visible height is usually 480px.
- Cover image : 1920 x 1080 px or larger. Max 5Mb.
- Welcome image : 480 x 375 px or larger. Max 5Mb.
- Intro image : 985 x 560 pc or larger. Max 5Mb.
- Logo : For a beautiful result; go for a white or transparent background, squared image (no margins), png.-format, no tagline, min 400x400 pixels.
- Image reel : 1920 x 1080 px or larger. Max 5Mb.
- Profile picture : 200x200. Max 6Mb.
- Videos : Public YouTube or Vimeo video link
Make sure to have the highest resolution. We do not have one resolution to recommend, as it works on multiple devices.
- Why is my cover image weirdly cut?
The cover image will be cropped and adapted depending on the device/screen size that you have. In that way, users can access your stall from various devices.
- Is it possible to change the blue filter of the cover image?
No, unfortunately, you can't customize the filter of the cover image as it's part of the generic stall layout.
- How do I add new team members to the company so that they can attend the event?
You can add colleagues in the stall settings under the team section. You just have to click on the edit button (pen icon) and enter the name of the team member. If that colleague does not yet have an account, you will have the chance to enter the colleague’s details and send them an invite via mail. They will then be able to set a password and access your stall.
- I have added a colleague to the event platform - they show up in the team list now, but they have not received the email to set their password. What should I do?
First, your colleague should check their spam folder.
Second, they should reset their password via the “forgot password” link.
If they still can't access your stall, please contact the organiser.
- Is it possible to hide my name from the stall without losing access to the event?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to hide your name from the stall. If you delete yourself from the event team, you will also lose access to the event. But, if you don't set up any video conversations and do not answer any chats, you can just be passive during the event.
- Is it possible to adjust the background pictures of the chat topics?
Unfortunately, this is currently not possible.